Most people need at least one tooth filling in their lifetime. Dental filling procedures are most commonly used to treat cavities, but they’re also used to repair cracked or broken teeth, or teeth that have been worn down over time.
Most dental filling procedures feature the following:
- Topical and local anesthetic to numb the area of treatment
- Decay removal from the affected teeth
- Tooth restoration using a composite (tooth coloured filling material)
- Avoid sugary foods that stay in your mouth for a long time, like hard, sticky or chewy varieties of candy.
- Bite check to make sure your teeth align comfortably